A good pest control company tailors a plan to your home and your needs. They get as much information from you as possible through an evaluation so that they know what solutions and tools to use. Pest companies that use “cookie-cutter solutions” use what’s on their truck without asking any questions.
Insectek works really hard to develop a plan and choose the treatment that fits your family’s needs. Our Field Technicians look for key factors that will affect treatment when evaluating the customer and their home and prepare accordingly.
Do You Have Pets That May Be Sensitive to Treatment?
Though most pest control treatments are pet-safe, some can cause harm. A field technician would need to know about any pets that you have to make sure that they use a more environmentally friendly solution. There are some companies, such as Insectek, that ONLY use EPA approved and environmentally friendly products. But, the presence of pets is still something they would want to know.
What’s Your Problem Pest?
Your field technician needs to know what your problem pest is. The types of pests entering your space determine the recommended treatment schedule. Some pests are seasonal and might only require quarterly treatment. On the other hand, pests that can be dangerous– spiders and scorpions— and pests like cockroaches that have a high infestation potential might require monthly treatment.
Have You Used Pest Control Services Previously?
A field technician would want to know whether or not you had an active pest control service. If the answer is yes, it means that the previous treatment wasn’t effective. They will need to try something different, whether that be a completely new solution or a higher concentrated solution.
Inspect the Property
Once they have taken the time to listen to understand your concerns, a good pest control technician will take some time to inspect your property to identify potential problem areas. A knowledgeable tech will look for:
- Insect harborage areas like sprinkler and water valve boxes
- Entry points into the home around the foundation and weep screed
- Entry points near the roof and attic ventilation holes
- Webs around eaves and windows
- Ant mounds in the yard or trailing ants
- Cricket nesting around shaded and abnormally moist areas
- Black widows under outdoor furniture or pool equipment
- Trees and bushes touching home
- Signs of rodent activity like droppings
- Holes in ground
- Rodents in the pool
- Packrat nests
- Wasp nests attached to stucco or eaves including mud dauber nests
- Leaking irrigation that creates mosquito nesting sites or a moisture source for other bugs to thrive
- Decaying fruit on the ground from fruit trees that creates a meal for insects and rodents
A Pest Company That Cares About Your Needs
We believe that you deserve a pest control company that takes the time to get to know you and your unique situation. The only way we can provide quality treatment is to ask the right questions and use the information to design a customized plan. Insectek field technicians ask questions because they care about effectively, efficiently, and safely solving your pest control problem. For more information on how Insectek can help you achieve a pest-free home, contact us.