Rodent Pest Control in Phoenix, Arizona
Are Rodents a Cause for Concern in Your Home?
Arizona is home to many different types of rodents, and sometimes they end up in the homes of unsuspecting Arizonians. Most rodents – such as rats and mice – are nocturnal; therefore, they’re active at night when most everyone is asleep. Because of this, rodent infestations often go unseen…until things get really bad.
Common Rodents in Arizona
- Roof rats
- Norway rats
- House mice
Are Rodents Harmful?
All rodents have the potential to spread deadly diseases, such as salmonella, rat-bite fever, tapeworms, and more. They contaminate your home through their urine, feces, and saliva, as well as indirectly from fleas and ticks that feed on rodents then bite humans. It’s important that you resolve an infestation right away to protect yourself and others (especially children) from catching any diseases.
In addition to contaminating foodstuffs in your home, rodents will gnaw on just about anything that can be used to help build their nests, damaging furniture, wiring, ductwork, clothing, artwork, and so much more in the process. Bottom line: They’re worse than the worst roommate you’ve ever had.
What is Attracting Rodents to Your Home?
- Rodents are always on the lookout for food, and they’ll pretty much eat anything you leave out.
- Unsecured trash containers are breeding grounds for rodents. It gives them a place to live and food to eat.
- Just like many other pests, rodents are attracted to water.
- Leaving debris in your yard provides a safe hiding place for rodents, bringing them a step closer to the inside of your home.
Ways to Prevent a Rodent Infestation
- Clear debris and clutter.
- Seal off any entry points. You can refer to our scorpion home seal guide for ways to seal off your home from all manner of pests, including rodents.
- Repair any leaky pipes or faucets.
- Make sure your trash containers are tightly sealed.
- Avoid leaving food out, including pet food.
We Can Help You!
Of course, Insectek can be part of the solution, too. We’re your source for effective and environmentally friendly pest control. And as the top-rated pest control company in the Phoenix area, we offer solutions tailored to fit your needs and keep your home free of all kinds of pests, including rodents. Contact us for more information.
“Thorough and professional…would definitely recommend this company! Setting an appointment was easy. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They took the time to track the entry point for the ants and I have not seen any since.“
“Bought a new home and needed pest control ASAP …called around and even scheduled an appointment with another company.Professionalism, friendly, and knowledge here was the best, plus competitive pricing to boot!“
“Fast, friendly service — excellent prices — and they completely customized my pest control package to fit my needs. Made dealing with an icky insect problem as painless as it gets!“
See Why We’re the Highest Rated Business in Phoenix
Though Phoenix may be inhabited with pests, your home and business don’t need to be. We are proudly serving the Metropolitan Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and Gilbert areas, and are always looking to help keep your domains pest-free. Whether you’re looking to keep pests at bay or are concerned that pests may have already found their way into your home, allow the experts at Insectek to help.