Nobody wants to deal with a scorpion infestation in their home. They are unhygienic, scary, and potentially dangerous. The concept of scorpion sealing is what people often consider when trying to keep scorpions and other pests out of the house, but there are pros and cons to consider before committing to it.
In this guide to scorpion home sealing in Arizona, we’ll highlight topics such as:
- What is scorpion home sealing?
- Is Scorpion home sealing worth the cost?
- What to Expect from scorpion pest control.
- Ways to prevent scorpion infestations.
If you’ve seen a scorpion in your home or on your property in Arizona, you’ve come to the right place for answers.
What is Scorpion Home Sealing?
Scorpion home sealing is a method that lets you ‘zip up’ your home to prevent scorpions and other pests from entering it. The majority of sealing your home from pests involves fixes like:
- Filling in cracks in stucco and the exterior foundation
- Making AC vents airtight at the seals
- Sealing bathroom vents
- Adjusting door thresholds
- Applying weather stripping around doors
- Sealing plumbing
These fixes can all effectively eliminate individual entryways for pests, but it can be hard to tell their efficacy immediately.
Is Scorpion Home Sealing Worth it?
To properly seal your home from scorpions, you need to use high-quality DIY materials or hire a company to perform these fixes for you. In either case, you will be spending a great amount of time and money on a solution that may be viable but often will just highlight other entry points or ways that scorpions get into your home.
One of the biggest issues with scorpion pest control solutions that don’t rely on professional appraisals, treatment methods, and long-term care is that they often become recurring costs or stressors. This is why we advocate professional scorpion pest control methods that use full-property appraisals, high-tech treatments and solutions, and uniquely catered designs best for your pest control issues.
What to Expect From Scorpion Pest Control
When you get professional scorpion pest control, many elements make it worth the investment.
- Professional Pest Appraisal: When a pest control technician comes out for a visit, they will typically perform a complete analysis of your property to see what pests may be potentially present.
- Check for Compromised Entryways: While this is the element of scorpion sealing that an avid DIYer could do, it is likely that professional pest control technicians will have more experience, better tools, and will do less guessing.
- Use Proprietary Treatments: Over-the-counter scorpion sprays and other insecticides can damage property, affect your health adversely, and often don’t work. The best scorpion control agents will be using eco-friendly mixes specifically designed for the situation at hand.
- Follow-Up Visits and Annual Home Checks: Especially in Arizona, where scorpions and other pests are persistent, the amount of time, money, and stress you can save with professional check-ups are immense. The best scorpion pest control services will have follow-ups planned based on your property needs and potential for scorpion infestation, and any Insectek Pest customer with moderate to severe scorpion activity is on a monthly or bimonthly treatment program.
Make sure to have a comprehensive conversation about your property needs and what services are being provided. A high-quality pest control service should be transparent with you, use an itemized itinerary, and arrive on time for services at a scheduled time.
How to Keep Scorpions out of the House
Scorpions in Arizona – such as the bark scorpion – can enter your home through any voids and cracks they can find. However, if you eliminate some of the elements that attract scorpions into your home, you can rest easier despite not having a fully sealed home.
These are some of the best ways to prevent scorpion infestations in Arizona:
- Eliminate standing water: Scorpions among many other pests are often looking for moisture and water in the hot Arizona desert. Removing any standing water throughout your property will give scorpions less of a reason to make themselves at home.
- Clear debris and brush away from your home: Piles of wood, storage containers, and plants provide good places for scorpions to hide and stay cool. Limiting their options for hideouts will do well to keep them out.
- Inspect dark places and crevices in your home: Cabinets, closets, basements, and even shoes or clothes laying around can provide shelter for scorpions as well. Be sure to put away that laundry and consider getting a blacklight to shine through those dark places.
- Get regular pest inspection and prevention treatments: This is where home sealing comes in ideally with a yearly professional consultation. In addition to sealing options, professional pest control services can also help prevent other bugs like crickets (which scorpions eat) from getting into your home and creating potentially two infestation problems.
The desert can be harsh, and scorpions as well as other pests are in constant search for food, water, and shelter. It’s most important to stay just as consistent and vigilant as they are in preventing them from making their way inside your home. Developing a pest control strategy with your local pest professional is a sure way to further fortify your home from unwelcome insects.
How much does Scorpion Control Cost in Arizona?
Considering each house, pest problem, and available pest solutions are different case-by-case, it’s not easy to assign a set cost to any one treatment. However, you don’t have to guess by sealing up random portions of your house or feel helpless not knowing what it is that’s attracting scorpions to your home in the first place.
Most scorpion infestations can typically be diagnosed and treated for between $75-200. A technician will perform a thorough inspection at the time of their first treatment visit, and will detail exactly what their plan for your property is.
We emphasize this last part a great deal when clients approach us with ‘quick fixes’ or guessing which techniques will prevent their current pest problem – you will be wasting both time and money while potentially jeopardizing your health and safety in the process. Quality pest control services are both a short-term and long-term investment. If you know the exact cost of services that are being provided and know their quality is guaranteed from a licensed technician, it will be much less stressful for you and your family, and more effective in protecting your home.
Get the Best Scorpion Control Services in Arizona with Insectek
At Insectek Pest, we’ve spent decades as the most reliable solution to pest infestations. Our scorpion control services include DIY advice and supplemental visits to make sure you have the best and most efficient treatment for your property.
If you are looking to protect yourself and your family from the most feared pest in Arizona, please reach out today. We’d love to help keep your home scorpion-free