Scorpion Pest Control in Phoenix, Arizona
Scorpions: The Most Feared In The Phoenix Area?
Many people move to Arizona for the terrific quality of life. While that’s probably not why scorpions live here, these little eight-legged arachnids are a part of the local landscape.
Of the nearly 100 species of scorpions in the United States, four are commonly found in Arizona: Bark Scorpions, Giant Hairy Scorpions, Stripetail Scorpions, and Yellow Ground Scorpions
Are Scorpions Harmful?
- Arizona Bark Scorpions have highly venomous stings that are dangerous, sometimes fatal, and extremely painful. It’s critical to seek medical attention after a bark scorpion sting.
- Giant Hairy, Stripetail, and Yellow Ground Scorpions will sting if cornered or sense danger. Their stings are painful but aren’t likely to require medical attention. Exceptions include some instances when young children or older adults are stung.
What’s Attracting Scorpions Into Your Home?
- Scorpions frequently seek shelter in homes or other buildings to escape the heat and light. They like the dark because it makes them feel safe—they can’t be seen as easily by predators—and they’re better able to sneak up on prey. Indoor environs also offer cooler temperatures, allowing scorpions to preserve water and regulate their body temperature.
- Like all other animals, scorpions need water to survive. They often wander into homes through pipes, drains, and plumbing systems in hopes of quenching that thirst.
- Scorpions’ diet consists of insects and other arachnids, as well as small lizards and mammals. If you have any of these pests in your home, scorpions may find their way inside for a meal.
Ways to Fight the Scourge of Scorpions
- Remove debris from the perimeter of your home.
- Seal any cracks around your house to keep scorpions from finding their way inside. You can refer to our scorpion home seal guide for ways to seal off your home from all manner of pests.
- Remove sources of food.
- Eliminate standing water and repair leaks in things like air conditioners and outdoor faucets.
We Can Help!
Of course, Insectek can be part of the solution, too. We’re your source for effective and environmentally friendly pest control. And as the top-rated pest control company in the Phoenix area, we offer solutions tailored to fit your needs and keep your home free of all kinds of pests, including scorpions. Contact us for more information.
“Thorough and professional…would definitely recommend this company! Setting an appointment was easy. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They took the time to track the entry point for the ants and I have not seen any since.“
“Bought a new home and needed pest control ASAP …called around and even scheduled an appointment with another company.Professionalism, friendly, and knowledge here was the best, plus competitive pricing to boot!“
“Fast, friendly service — excellent prices — and they completely customized my pest control package to fit my needs. Made dealing with an icky insect problem as painless as it gets!“
See Why We’re the Highest Rated Business in Phoenix
Though Phoenix may be inhabited with pests, your home and business don’t need to be. We are proudly serving the Metropolitan Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and Gilbert areas, and are always looking to help keep your domains pest-free. Whether you’re looking to keep pests at bay or are concerned that pests may have already found their way into your home, allow the experts at Insectek to help.